Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to tighten a mixer with no nut?

RichieL
Just Starting Out

How to tighten a mixer with no nut?

my mixer tap is loose and needs tightening.

Most online tutorials assume there is a long threaded bar attached to the bottom of the tap and a nut under the basin just tightens on that bar.

My tap has no such bar

IMG_7448.jpeg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: tighten a mixer with no nut

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @RichieL. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about tightening a mixer tap.

Unfortunately, the details of what type of fixing is holding the tap in place are obscured in the image. I know it's difficult trying to take an image in such a confined space, but is there any chance you could try again for us? If we can get a better look at it, I'm sure we can work out how to tighten it.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi thanks for your reply. Do these help?

IMG_7447.jpeg

IMG_7448.jpeg

Is it possible that the tap just screws in and  the thread has been stripped?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0063govS5MHwFlVjZRL-NBrDA

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @RichieL,

That appears to be entirely possible. You could try taking the screwed sleeve section and turning it to see if it exposes more threads above the bench. If only the first few threads have been stripped within the tap body, extending the sleeve further above the bench might allow you to reach intact threads. I suspect you'd need to disconnect the water lines to screw the tap back on. Some Loctite 243 10ml Adhesive Threadlocker might assist with holding the tap in place.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects